AV-TEST is an independent organization which assesses and rates antivirus and security suite software  for Microsoft Windows and Android operating systems,  according to a variety of criteria. Every other month, the researchers publish the results of their testing,   where they list which products are certified.  The organization is based in Magdeburg , Germany.   In 2013 the security specialist and CEO of the IT company Kaspersky Lab , Eugene Kaspersky, criticized AV-TEST for changing their certification process. 
- About AV-TEST
- Jump up^ Harley, David (2011). AVIEN Malware Defense Guide for the Enterprise . Elsevier . p. 487. ISBN 9780080558660 . Retrieved 2013-06-10 .
- Jump up^ Rosenblatt, Seth (2013-03-15). “Android antivirus apps improve their grades” . cnet . CBS Interactive . Retrieved 2013-06-10 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Owano, Nancy (2013-01-18). “Microsoft Security Essentials Misses AV-Test Certified Status” . PhysOrg . Douglas, Isle of Man Technology Ltd Omicron . Retrieved 2013-06-10 .
- Jump up^ Rosenblatt, Seth (2013-04-08). “Windows 8’s rising security tide raises all antivirus boats” . cnet . CBS Interactive . Retrieved 2013-06-10 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Rubenking Neil J. (2013-01-16). “Microsoft and Others Fail Antivirus Test” . PC Magazine . Ziff Davis . Retrieved 2013-06-10 .
- Jump up^ http://eugene.kaspersky.com/2013/05/09/av-test-certification-devalued/