ClamWin is a free and open-source antivirus tool for Windows . It provides a graphical user interface to the Clam AntiVirus engine.
- Scanning scheduler (only effective with user logged in).
- Automatic virus database updates on a regular basis.
- Standalone virus-scanner.
- Context menu integration for Windows Explorer .
- Add-in for Microsoft Outlook.
- A portable version that can be used from a USB flash drive .
Firefox extensions exist that allow users to process files with ClamWin. 
ClamWin does not automatically scan files .
The non-affiliated projects Clam Sentinel and Winpooch are add-ons that provide a real-time scanning capability to ClamWin.  
ClamWin has a virus which is updated automatically when it detects connection to the Internet. A small balloon tip appears on the taskbar icon indicating completion status of the update process. It retries to establish a connection with the server if it fails to download the updates first time. [ quote needed ]
Historically ClamWin has been tested and tested to be more effective than other antivirus programs. For example, ClamWin failed to detect almost half of the Trojan horse, password stealers, and other malware in AV-TEST’s “zoo” of malware samples.  
In the 1-21 June 2008 test carried out by Virus.gr, ClamWin version 0.93 detected 54.68% of all threats and ranked 37th out of 49 products tested; the best scored over 99%. 
In the 10 August-05 September 2009 test carried out by Virus.gr, ClamWin version 0.95.2 detected 52.48% of all threats and more 43 out of 55 products tested; the best scored 98.89%. 
On 6 September 2011 cNet gave ClamWin a rating of excellent, 4 of 5 stars. 
- List of antivirus software
- Jump up^ “About ClamWin Free Antivirus” . ClamWin Pty Ltd . Retrieved 26 October 2011 .
- Jump up^ FireClam
- Jump up^ dynclient (January 2010). “Clam Sentinel” . Retrieved 2014-06-19 .
- Jump up^ “Winpooch” . Retrieved 2014-06-19 .
- Jump up^ “ClamWin Free Antivirus (2009) – reviews – Security – PC World” . Pcworld.idg.com.au. 2009-09-01 . Retrieved 2010-11-09 .
- Jump up^ “Security Central Channel” . InfoWorld . Retrieved 2010-11-09 .
- Jump up^ “June 2008 comparison of effectiveness of antivirus programs” . Virus.gr. Archived from the original on 2011-07-21 . Retrieved 2010-11-09 .
- Jump up^ “2009-08, Virus.gr 10 August-05 September comparison of effectiveness of antivirus programs” . Virus.gr. Archived from the original on 2011-01-06 . Retrieved 2010-11-09 .
- Jump up^ “ClamWin Antivirus” . Download.cnet.com. 2012-09-15 . Retrieved 2012-10-04 .