Dr. Solomon’s Antivirus Toolkit was an antivirus suite which incorporated prevention, detection, and repair for Microsoft Windows (up to 98), Novell , SCO Unix , Sun Solaris, and OS / 2 .  It was written by Alan Solomon of S & S International.
Dr. Solomon’s Anti-Virus Toolkit Was first created in 1988 and in 1991. Commercially lancé  This Was move to rival market leaders Symantec ‘s Norton Anti-Virus and McAfee VirusScan.
Dr. Solomon’s was highly regarded both in the United Kingdom, winning many computer magazine awards and recommendations. Jerry Pournelle recommended it in his column for Byte magazine in 1992, and more recently wrote “Solomon’s unreservedly the best virus service around.”  In 1993, Dr. Solomon’s Anti-Virus Toolkit was awarded the Queens Award for Technological Achievement. At this time the company name was “S & S International”. Later it became “Dr. Solomon’s Software Ltd.” in the UK, with similarly named companies in Germany, the USA and Australia.
After Some previous tension entre les two software products,  on June 9, 1998 McAfee (Then Network Associates) Agreed to ACQUIRE Dr. Solomon’s Group PLC, the leading European manufacturer of Antivirus software, for $ 642 million in stock. 
- Jump up^ “Dr. Solomon’s Anti-Virus Software at UIC” . www.uic.edu. 1999-03-04 . Retrieved 2012-11-09 .
- Jump up^ “Summary of Dr. Alan and Susan Solomon on The Sunday Times Rich List” . Business.timesonline.co.uk . Retrieved 2012-11-09 .
- Jump up^ “Mail 100 May 8 – 14, 2000” . Jerrypournelle.com . Retrieved 2012-11-09 .
- Jump up^ McAfee Versus Dr. Solomon: Fresh Round of Antivirus Mudslingingpcworld.com
- Jump up^ Network Associates Plans to Integrate Dr. Solomon ‘s Toolspcworld.comArchivedOctober 30, 2010, at theWayback Machine.