Kaspersky Anti-Virus ( Russian : Антивирус Касперского ( Antivirus Kasperskogo ); formerly known as AntiViral Toolkit Pro ; often referred to as KAV ) is an antivirus program developed by Kaspersky Lab . It is designed to protect users from malware and is Primarily designed for computers running Microsoft Windows and macOS , ALTHOUGH a release for Linux is available for business Consumers.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus features include real-time protection, detection and removal of viruses , trojans , worms , spyware , adware , keyloggers , malicious tools and auto-dialers, as well as detection and removal of rootkits . It also includes automatic updates via the “Kaspersky Security Network” service. [ quote needed ]
Selon Kaspersky, “Kaspersky Security Network Service Allows users of Kaspersky Lab security products from around the world to help Facilitate malware identification and Reduce the Time It Takes to Provide Protection contre new (” in the wild “) security Risks targeting your computer. [ quote needed ] }
Microsoft Windows users download May year antivirus rescue disk That scans the host computer During booting inside an isolated Linux environment. In addition, Kaspersky Anti-Virus prevents itself from being disabled by means of password access. It also scans incoming instant messenger traffic, email traffic, automatically disables links to known malware hosting sites while using Internet Explorer or Firefox , and includes free technical support and free product upgrades within paid-subscription periods. 
Kaspersky Anti-Virus lacks certain features found in Kaspersky Internet Security . These features include a personal firewall , HIPS , Secure Keyboard, Anti Spam , AntiBanner and parental control tools. 
Also, Kaspersky, like the majority of its competitors, is incompatible with many other anti-virus and anti-spyware software. 
In 2005, two critical flaws were discovered in Kaspersky Anti-Virus. One could let attackers control systems that use it,  and one allowed CHM files to insert malicious code. 
An edition of Kaspersky’s anti-virus solution for Linux workstations is available to business consumers.  It offers many of the features included in the mainstream version for Windows, including on-access and on-demand scanners.
Specialized editions of Kaspersky Anti-Virus are also available for a variety of Linux servers.
The newly released Macintosh able edition of Kaspersky Anti-Virus is enabled on ( Intel Processor Based) Mac OS X Tiger and Higher to include the brand new version of Mac OS X Snow Leopard , released in August 2009. Kaspersky Lab internal testing Concludes consuming only 1 % CPU impact is performance and is designed to Maintain a user friendly Mac-like interface with qui Mac users are familiar. Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac contains Windows , Linux and macOS alike. Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac also scans shared folders of Windows running usersusing Virtual PC on Apple Macintosh personal computers. 
|Component||Windows XP||Windows Vista or later||Mac OS X v10.6 or later|
|Processor||Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent; 800 MHz||Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent; 1 GHz||N / A|
|RAM||512 MB||1 GB||1 GB|
|Free hard drive space||480 MB||480 MB||350 MB|
A DVD-ROM or CD-ROM drive, Internet Explorer 8 or above and Windows Installed 3.0 or above are also required for the installation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus in Windows. The latest version can be downloaded from their official website.
According to AV-Comparatives, Kaspersky Anti-Virus Viruses Among Scientists in the Case of Detection and Removal of Viruses, Even Despite the fact that the program has failed two Virus Bulletin Tests in 2007 and another two in 2008.  For example , in latest [ when? ] Malware Removal test done by AV-Comparatives the Kaspersky Antivirus 2013 Was Awarded The Highest “Advanced +” rating and Was ble to successfully remove all of 14 malware samples used fait que test and in The Following File Detection Test Kaspersky Antivirus 2013 Was aussi reliable to achieve the same “Advanced +” rating with a 99.2% sample detection rate.   In addition, PC Worldawarded Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6 the highest rank in its 2007 comparative anti-virus.  The well-known and highly regarded Ars Technica Lists Kaspersky as one of the best choices for Anti-Virus on the Windows platform. 
Kaspersky Anti-Virus was “A-listed” by the UK PC PC Pro log in late 2007, where it scored very highly for malware detection and removal.  PC Pro attributes this to “a combination of the software’s heuristic scanning and uncompromising approach to database updates.  Kaspersky runs to an hourly schedule, improving your chances of being immunized before an infection reaches it. ” 
Criticisms and controversies
In March 2015, Bloomberg accused Kaspersky to have close ties to Russian military and intelligence officials.  Kaspersky slammed the claims in his blog, calling the coverage “sensationalist” and guilty of “exploiting paranoia” to “increase readership,” but did not indicate whether these claims are true or not. 
In June 2015, United States National Security Agency and United Kingdom Government Communications Headquarters said NSA and GCHQ agents broke Kaspersky’s antivirus software so they could spy on people, leaks indicate. 
- Jump up^ “Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 release notes” . Kaspersky Lab . Retrieved 11 February 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “How Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 differs from Kaspersky Internet Security 2013” . Kaspersky Lab . Retrieved 2013-06-29 .
- Jump up^ “List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013” . Kaspersky Lab. 2013-04-19 . Retrieved 2013-06-19 .
- Jump up^ “Flaw found in Kaspersky antivirus” . ZDNet . 2005-10-03 . Retrieved 2013-06-19 .
- Jump up^ “Kaspersky compromised by another security breach” . Techworld. 2005-10-11 . Retrieved 2013-06-19 .
- Jump up^ “Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Linux Workstation” .
- Jump up^ “Kaspersky Security for Mac” . Kaspersky Lab . Retrieved 2012-12-18 .
- Jump up^ “Virus Bulletin :: VB100” . www.virusbtn.com .
- Jump up^ “AV-Comparatives – Malware Removal Test” (PDF) . Av-comparatives.org . Retrieved 2013-06-19 .
- Jump up^ “AV-Comparatives – File Detection Test of Malicious Software” (PDF) . Av-comparatives.org . Retrieved 2013-06-19 .
- Jump up^ “Top Antivirus Performers” . PC World . 2007-04-23. Archived from the original on 2007-04-26.
- Jump up^ “Five important security apps for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows” . Ars Technica . 2008-04-24 . Retrieved 2013-06-19 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Internet Security Reviews” . PC Pro . Retrieved 2012-12-18 .
- Jump up^ “Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 Wins Top Awards from PC Pro” .
- Jump up^ Matlack, Carol (2015-03-19). “The Company Securing Your Internet Has Close Ties to Russian Spies” . Bloomberg .
- Jump up^ “Eugene Kaspersky intensifies US vs. Russia flame war, accusing Bloomberg of creating ‘conspiracy theories’ about his company – Computing” .
- Jump up^ Griffin, Andrew (23 June 2015). “GCHQ and NSA broke antivirus software so that they could spy on people, leaks indicate” . London: The Independent . Retrieved 24 June 2015 .