Panda Security is a Spanish company specialized in IT Security. INITIALLY is centered Creating antivirus software , the company HAS icts since expanded line of business to advanced cybersecurity services with technology for Preventing cybercrime.
Their patented technology TruPrevent is a set of proactive capabilities the Collective Intelligence model claims to be able to detect, analyze, and classify malware in real-time. The company claims that they are the precursors to the new Adaptive Defense security model that assures the complete classification of all active processes on the system.
Panda Security products, services, networks, email, and other information.
In 2005, Panda Security was the third largest antivirus vendor worldwide, with 3.2% of the marketplace.  In November 2015 OPSWAT measured Panda Security Market share to 3.6%.  The company, whose shares were previously 100% held by Urizarbarrena, announced on April 24, 2007 the sale of 75% of its shares to Southern European investment group Investindustrial and private equity firm Gala Capital .  On Jorge Dinares Jorge Dinares. Almost one year later, on June 3, 2008, amidst flagging sales, the board of directors voted to remove Dinares and replace him with Juan Santana, the CEO.   Santana resigned in September 2011 and was replaced by José Sancho as acting CEO. 
Panda Security is rated by Gartner analysts as a technology innovator.  Technological milestones include its pioneering security systems, such as the SaaS concept, or antivirus solutions, and cloud computing, and Panda calls Collective Intelligence, a security model. Panda introduced on the market in 2007. 
According to its CEO, the main benefit of this security model is that it facilitates the scanning of the data by means of other companies,  making it quicker and more efficient in malware detection.
Panda Security has subsidiaries in the US, Germany, Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands, France, UK, Sweden, Finland, Spain, and Japan. [ citation needed ] additional, it has franchises in another 44 countries. The United States has had five management directors since 2007  before moving to its headquarters in Orlando , Florida in 2009, 
In late 2009, Panda Security created a partnership with Web of Trust to help fight against the war of viruses. 
Panda was previously embroiled in a lawsuit with one of its channel partners, External Technologies, Inc. In 2013, Panda prevailed in its lawsuit against External Technologies, recovering a judgment in excess of $ 100,000 and prevailing on all claims asserted by External against Panda.  On 3 August 2010, a new office hire in Menlo Park , California was announced by Panda’s CEO via his Twitter account. 
In 2012, Panda Security was the largest antivirus vendor worldwide, with 2.0% of the marketplace. 
PandaSecurity is one of the two Spanish companies that appear on the 2013 Truffle Top 100 ranking for software developers in Europe.
Panda Security is one of the world’s top ten leading software development and IT protection companies, according to the report from 2013 report The Spanish Business in the World , which was carried out by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation.
SaaS (Security as a Service) and an antivirus that allows for protection from the cloud (cloud computing). These topics are based on what Panda refers to as Collective Intelligence, a security model that Panda presented to the marketplace in 2007.
The main benefit of this security model is that, according to Panda’s CEO, it allows for an automatic analysis of threats. Panda to offer a faster and more efficient detection of malware.
Panda Security’s competitors in the antivirus industry include Symantec Corp. , Kaspersky , F-Secure Corporation, McAfee Inc. , and Trend Micro Inc. , among others.
In 2014, Panda Security was distributed by TriTech Distribution Limited in Hong Kong. 
In 2015, Panda Security obtained the best rate of protection in the Real World Protection Test by AV-Comparatives . 
Panda Security awarded Company of the Year 2016 by leading Spanish newspaper and the Suplemento for innovative work, growth outreach and history. 
TruPrevent, which was introduced in 2003, is a set of technologies developed by Panda Security for proactive protection in home and corporate computers, as opposed to traditional antivirus products, which provide reactive protection.
TruPrevent technologies offers many of the most commonly used techniques and new technologies.
Due to the vast amount of new malware That Appears every day (in 2007 PandaLabs detected an average of 3,000 new samples [ clarification needed ] a day,  qui HAD risen to 35,000 in 2009), Panda Security Developed a protection system to automatically detect, scan and classify malware in real time. This security model presented in 2007 was called “Collective Intelligence” and is the basis of the new solutions that offer security from the cloud.
This technology is implemented in its 2009 and 2010 antivirus products for home users and in the new Panda Cloud Antivirus, which the company has classified as the first antivirus in history that provides protection from the cloud 
These antivirus products only contain the information about malware that causes most infections at any given moment, while the information is stored in Panda’s knowledge base. The antivirus connects to this knowledge base when necessary. This system is designed to offer real-time protection against thousands of new malware samples, and the use of community knowledge. 
The Adaptive Defense solution breaks the traditional security model by basing its security model on black lists and white lists. This is a new concept built on the basis of behavior processes.
This advanced system is based on the principles of artificial intelligence and Big Data in order to monitor, classify, and analyze all running processes. This assures the proactive detection of strange behaviors and advanced threats, from Cryptolocker to zero-day attacks, while providing features for response and remediation.
Panda Security’s Adaptive Defense won the Best Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Solution Award Computing Magazines Security Excellence Awards 2016. 
- Antivirus software
- Comparison of antivirus software
- Comparison of computer viruses
- Internet security
- Panda Cloud Antivirus
- Jump up^ “Gartner Says Worldwide Antivirus Market Increased Software 13.6 Percent in 2005” . Gartner.com . 2006-06-21 . Retrieved 2016-10-28 .
- Jump up^ “Vendor and Encryption Anti-malware Product Market Share Report” . OPSWAT. 2015-10-22 . Retrieved 2016-10-28 .
- Jump up^ “All about Family Safety, Malware and Internet Security | Panda Media Center” . Pandasoftware.com . Retrieved 2016-10-28 .
- Jump up^ “Antivirus for Windows, Mac and Android” . Pandasecurity.com . Retrieved 2016-10-28 .
- Jump up^ “All about Family Safety, Malware and Internet Security | Panda Media Center” . Pandasecurity.com . Archived from the original on 22 February 2011 . Retrieved 2016-10-28 .
- Jump up^ “Panda Security axes jobs, gets new chief exec” . Theregister.co.uk . Retrieved 2016-10-28 .
- Jump up^ 
- Jump up^ “Collective Intelligence | Protection against viruses with a minimal impact on your PC | Cloud Security | Panda Technology” . Pandasecurity.com . Retrieved 2016-10-28 .
- Jump up^  [ dead link ]
- Jump up^ “Panda Security” . Crunchbase.com . Retrieved 2016-10-28 .
- Jump up^ http://blogs.channelinsider.com/secure_channel/content/malware_worms_viruses/panda_security_new_leader_same_message.html . Retrieved 2010-09-16 . Missing or empty( help ) [ dead link ]
- Jump up^ “Panda Security and Against Intuition partner to offer WOT, the community-based safe surfing tool | WOT (Web of Trust)” . Mywot.com. 2009-07-30 . Retrieved 2016-10-28 .
- Jump up^ “External Technologies, Inc. v. Panda Distribution, Inc. d / b / a Panda Security USA et al. ” . Dockets.justia.com .
- Jump up^ “Juan Santana on Twitter: First day in the new Menlo Park office of Panda Security.It’s going to be fun down here :-)” . Twitter . Retrieved 2016-10-28.
- Jump up^ “Antivirus Market Share Report Q4 2012” . OPSWAT . Retrieved 2016-10-28 .
- Jump up^ “Panda Security Distributor In HK | Panda Security HK” . Ttdist.com . Retrieved 2016-10-28 .
- Jump up^ “Panda Security detects 99.9% of threats! – MediaCenter Panda Security” . MediaCenter Panda Security . Retrieved 2015-12-09 .
- Jump up^ “Premiados Gala of Premios El Suplemento 2016” . Elsuplemento.es . 2016-09-15 . Retrieved 2016-10-28 .
- Jump up^  [ dead link ]
- Jump up^ “All about Family Safety, Malware and Internet Security | Panda Media Center” . Pandasecurity.com . Retrieved 2016-10-28 .
- Jump up^ “Cloud Antivirus Panda In Black and White” . YouTube . 2009-05-06 . Retrieved 2016-10-28 .
- Jump up^ “Computing Security Excellence Awards 2016: and the winners are ..”Computing.co.uk . 2016-11-25 . Retrieved 2016-12-02 .