ZoneAlarm is an internet security software company that provides antivirus and firewall products. ZoneAlarm was developed by Zone Labs , which was acquired in March 2004 by Check Point .  ZoneAlarm’s firewall security products include an intrusion detection system, as well as the ability to control which programs can create outbound connections. In August 2015, ZoneAlarm introduced a 100% virus-free guarantee with its Extreme Security product. 
ZoneAlarm products may come with the following features:
- Antivirus / Antispyware Engine
- Advanced Real-Time Antivirus
- Advanced Firewall
- Two-Way Firewall
- Anti-Spam Filter
- PC Tune Up
- Online Backup
- Identity Protection
- Parental Controls
- Threat Emulation
- Browser Protection
- Find My Laptop
- Do not track
In ZoneAlarm, program access is controlled by way of “zones”, into which all network connections are divided. The “trusted zone” generally includes the user’s local area network and can share resources such as files and printers. The while the “Internet zone” includes everything in the trusted zone. The user can specify which “permissions” (trusted zone client, trusted zone server, Internet zone client, Internet zone server) to be able to access the Internet (or before running it for the first time) or, alternatively , ZoneAlarm will ask the user to give the program permission on its first access attempt. 
“True Vector Internet Monitor”, also known as “TrueVector Security Engine”, is a Windows service that is the core of ZoneAlarm. In the process list its Image Name is “vsmon.exe”. This monitors the internet traffic and generates alerts for disallowed access. “Operating System Firewall” (OSFirewall) monitors programs and generates alerts when they perform suspicious behaviors. The OSFirewall is useful in preventing rootkits and other spyware. “SmartDefense Advisor” is the name of a user. .
- ZoneAlarm Free Firewall : This free personal firewall includes a web and local personal firewall network with outbound program control and stealthing port. 
- ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall : This free software has the same functionality as the Free Firewall, with the addition of Kaspersky Lab virus protection . 
- ZoneAlarm PRO Firewall : This firewall is suitable for consumers and small businesses. It comes with a two-way firewall, identity protection, do not track, online backup, password management. 
- ZoneAlarm PRO Antivirus + Firewall : This software provides an anti-spam, online backup, identity protection and anti-keylogger. 
- ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite : This product has been discontinued for new users, but is available for renewal. It features the functionality of the Antivirus + Firewall product, along with the parental controls. 
- ZoneAlarm Extreme Security : This security suite comes with antivirus and firewall protection, parental controls, identity protection, online backup, Find My Laptop, anti-keylogger, online password protection, PC tune-up, and anti-spam .  In August 2015, the company introduced a 100% virus-free guarantee to users of this product. 
Awards and certifications
- ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 2016 was an Editor’s Choice winner from PCMag . 
- ZoneAlarm PRO Firewall 2016 was an Editor’s Choice winner from PCMag. 
- ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2015 received a score of 17.5 / 18 in AV-TEST’s Best Antivirus Software for Windows Home User. The product scored 6/6 in Protection, 6/6 in Usability, and 5.5 / 6 in Performance. 
- ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2014 was awarded VB100 certification . 
As of January 2006 ZoneAlarm was reportedly  sending data to the company’s servers in a covert fashion. A developer dismissed allegations that ZoneAlarm was spying on its customers, saying that it was an issue related to software updates and that it would be fixed. 
In December 2007, a browser toolbar was shipped with ZoneAlarm as an opt-out, which was not well received.  This was removed in later versions of the software.
In September 2010, the free version of ZoneAlarm has started showing “Global Virus Alert” popup as a scareware tactic to get users to switch to Their paid security suite.  The popup was turned off by ZoneAlarm marketing team after an uproar from disgruntled users, many of whom uninstalled the software.  
- Comparison of antivirus software
- Comparison of firewalls
- ZoneAlarm Z100G
- Check Point GO
- Jump up^ http://sc1.checkpoint.com/sc1/za/release-history/zaxs.html
- Jump up^ “Archived copy” . Archived from the original on March 5, 2016 . Retrieved November 11, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “ZoneAlarm Introduces Exclusive 100% Virus-Free Guarantee” .
- Jump up^ Check Point press releaseDisk Encryption
- Jump up^ “ZoneAlarm Free Firewall – Personal Computer Firewall Software” .
- Jump up^ “ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall 2017” .
- Jump up^ “ZoneAlarm PRO Firewall – Professional Firewall Protection” .
- Jump up^ “ZoneAlarm PRO Software – Maximum Security” .
- Jump up^ “ZoneAlarm product comparison” . zonealarm.com . Retrieved 2008-04-29 .
- Jump up^ “ZoneAlarm Extreme Security – Firewall & Antivirus” .
- Jump up^ “Check Point ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 2017” .
- Jump up^ “Check Point ZoneAlarm PRO Firewall 2017” .
- Jump up^ “AV-TEST – The Independent IT-Security Institute” . AV-TEST GmbH.
- Jump up^ “Virus Bulletin :: Comparative VB100 on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit” .
- Jump up^ Hales, Paul (2006-01-22). “Is your firewall spying on you?” . theinquerer.net . Retrieved 2017-01-07 .
- Jump up^ Zone Labs responds to spyware allegationsat theWayback Machine(archived October 25, 2006)
- Jump up^ Dignan, Larry (2007-12-18). “ZoneAlarm toolbar bundle raises a ruckus”. zdnet.com . Retrieved 2017-01-07 .
- Jump up^ Leyden, John (2010-09-20). “ZoneAlarm slammed for scarewarey marketing” . Theregister.co.uk . Retrieved 2010-11-09 .
- Jump up^ Protalinski, Emil (2010-09-22). “ZoneAlarm caught using fake antivirus scare tactics” . Arstechnica.com . Retrieved 2010-11-09 .
- Jump up^ Pegoraro, Rob. “ZoneAlarm gives people a new reason to hate security software” . Voices.washingtonpost.com . Retrieved 2010-11-09 .